President Tebboune chairs Council of Ministers meeting: Here are President’s directives (Full communiqué)- Video
ALGIERS- President of the Republic, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Minister of National Defense Abdelmadjid Tebboune chaired, on Sunday, a meeting of the Council of Ministers devoted to two presentations relating to the supplementary development programme of the province of Tissemsilt and the roadmap for the development of the national fleet of air and maritime transport of goods, the Presidency of the Republic said in a statement.
“President of the Republic, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Minister of National Defense Abdelmadjid Tebboune chaired, Sunday, a meeting of the Council of Ministers devoted to two presentations relating to the supplementary development programme of the province of Tissemsilt and the roadmap for the development of the national fleet of air and maritime transport of goods,” read the source.
After the session’s opening by the President of the Republic and the Prime Minister’s presentation of the outcome of government activity for the past two weeks, the President of the Republic gave the following instructions:
First: Regarding the complementary development program for the province of Tissemsilt:
Following the approval of the Council of Ministers, the President ordered the government to hold its upcoming meeting, slated for next Wednesday, in the province of Tissemsilt, and to:
– Accelerate the completion of the railway linking Tissemsilt and Boughezoul, and start the rehabilitation works of roads linking Tissemsilt to other wilayas.
– Approve a project to duplicate National Road No. 14 linking the wilaya of Tissemsilt and Khemis Miliana in the wilaya of Ain Defla, at a distance of 84 km, along with its rehabilitation.
– Support the province’s rural construction program in line with its agricultural and touristic nature, with the allocation of real estate assets, in coordination with the forestry services, allowing families to return to the famous crafts professions in the region.
Second: Regarding the roadmap for the development of the national fleet for maritime and air transport:
The President of the Republic ordered the opening of an immediate investigation to hold all those responsible for the deterioration of this strategic sector accountable, at all levels and responsibilities.
– Merger of the two national companies, CNAN Med and CNAN Nord, which specialize in maritime transport, into one company.
– Radical review of the structure and policy of maritime transport of goods, at all levels, in order to rehabilitate it and present a draft of the new management strategy within a month.
– Ensuring, by all means, a technical settlement of Algerian ships in international ports, in cooperation between Algerian ambassadors in the concerned countries and transport sector officials.
– Allowing Algerian expertise specialized in the navy, especially qualified youth and veterans in this field, to create companies in the field of ship repair.
Concerning air transport, the President ordered:
– Reconsidering Air Algérie operation’ methods according to a modern scheme, based on international standards.
– Reviving air navigation in the various airports of the country, as they are strategic structures capable of reviving air traffic.
– Preparing for the completion of the aircraft acquisition process, as soon as possible, within the framework of renewing the Algerian air fleet, provided that the next cabinet meeting decides on the file.
– Returning to the flight rate of Air Algérie before the Covid pandemic, with the intensification of Umrah trips and tourist flights between Paris and Djanett.
The President of the Republic stressed the need to continue reforming the local municipalities sector, according to a comprehensive and deep view that is in line with his presidential program, especially since the legal system in which it operates is no longer keeping pace with the major transformations that the country is experiencing.
Preparing for feasible and modern proposals regarding municipal and state laws, as they are the two constitutional institutions that are qualified to run local and regional groups.
Taking into account the privacy of each municipality, in terms of capabilities and sources of income.